Waldorf Astoria Dubai The Palm
Waldorf Astoria Dubai The Palm is an elegant resort on Palm Jumeirah's east crescent. This beautiful hideaway shines in its chic public spaces, world-class restaurants, and a program of activities ideal for adults and young guests.
Opened late 2013, Waldorf Astoria Dubai The Palm is an oasis of European design and light-filled interiors, all overlooking tropical gardens, the Arabian Gulf, and the Palm Jumeirah. Details include,
- Designed by Khatib & Alami, this Waldorf Astoria is a low rise palace that curves through its island, allowing views from every room. This design is unique in Dubai for being primarily one structure housing every room, guest space, and recreation facility.
- Marble is used throughout public spaces, set with warm lighting that gives a regal glow upon pastel shades, beiges and green hues. Custom lighting brightens every area, from classic chandeliers to contemporary light installations glittering from above.
- Guest rooms are filled with natural light, with bright clean colours, plush classic furniture, and dark wood flooring. Bathrooms are marble filled havens, pristine white, and generously preportioned.
- Tropical landscaped gardens and wide elegant pools surround the main structure in an ordered idyll, giving guests easy access to nature, beauty, and relaxation.
Rooms and suites at Waldorf Astoria Dubai The Palm are generous in size and decoration. There are many excellent accommodations, some specifically designed for families, such as,
- Family Deluxe Rooms offering two queen beds, a lounge area, a work desk, a marble bathroom with separate bathtub and rain shower, a furnished balcony, water views, and a personal concierge.
- Family Deluxe Suites include a large master bedroom with workspace and seating areas, a marble bathroom with luxurious bathtub and walk-in shower, a living room with lounge area, dining area for 4, a wide furnished balcony with water views, and a personal concierge.
- The Royal Suite is one of the largest and most luxurious in Dubai. This suite includes private lift access and covers the entire top floor. There is a 360-degree view of the Arabian Gulf and the Palm Jumeirah, which can be viewed from the floor to ceiling glass or the furnished terraces and private balconies. Two master bedrooms are complemented by two double bedrooms. The master bedrooms all have generous lounge areas, dressing spaces, walk-in wardrobes, and marble bathrooms with luxurious bathtubs and walk0in showers. Also included are a reception room, tv room, baby grand piano, a living area with lounge spaces, dining for 10, a kitchen with butler service, a Majilis for up to 20 guests, access to the Pearl Club, and a private concierge.
Waldorf Astoria Dubai The Palm has a selection of luxurious restaurants presenting flavours from around the world, and family-friendly options, including,
- Social by Heinz Beck is the Dubai home for the 3 Michelin starred chef, who presents contemporary Italian creations.
- Lao puts a twist to classic Vietnamese cooking, including indoor and outdoor dining, private dining, and a special jet lag menu for tired travellers.
- Mezzerie is an all-day family-friendly buffet restaurant offering themed nights and live cooking.
- Palm Avenue is a chic destination with poolside dining on Californian inspired fare.
- Peacock Alley is a mainstay from the Waldorf Astoria in New York. It is the perfect place for light meals, beverages, and a classic afternoon tea service.
- The luxurious Serafina Bar is a Venetian inspired space for cocktails, light meals, and live entertainment.
Wellness & Activities
With a private beach, large swimming pools, and an excellent spa, Waldorf Astoria Dubai The Palm has an activity to suit every need, such as,
- The Waldorf Astoria Spa is a palatial facility with unique therapies using relaxation rituals from around the world. There are 12 treatment rooms, 2 couples suites, whirlpools, botanic steam rooms, saunas, ice fountains, experience showers, and relaxation lounges.
- Recreation extends to two large pools (one just for adults), outdoor jacuzzi, private beachfront, and a water sports centre.
- There are tennis courts and coaching available, as well as yoga from an in-house yogi.
- The fitness centre contains the latest Life Fitness cardio and weight machines, free weights, and the option of personal training and group exercise sessions (functional training and HIIT)
A delightful array of enticements for children await at Waldorf Astoria Dubai The Palm. There is an on-site kids club, delightful children's menus, and some surprising activities, such as,
- An excellent scavenger hunt to have young guests explore the resort and find its many hidden treasures.
- Group activities and competitions such as sandcastle building, mini Olympics, and teambuilding challenges.
- Coco's Kids Club is a dedicated facility with arts & crafts, musical activities, board games, puzzles, toys, and electronic games.
- Active kids will love the beach and pools, as well as both sand and water sports available. Tennis courts and tennis coaching are also offered.
- There is babysitting available, a host of children's menus at many of the resort's dining venues, and magical touches like special children's directories to the hotel in-room, their own bathrobes and slippers, as well as arts & crafts supplies.
Waldorf Astoria Dubai The Palm carries the Stay Someday Elite rating, as a property of a very high level of luxury and excellent services, amenities, accommodations and offers available for families.
- A Bently is available for short trips for guests staying in some of the more exclusive suites
- This resort offers a rejuvenating jet lag package that focuses on unpacking, optimal sleep, healthy dining, and in-room pampering.
- Special indulgent bath time experiences are also offered in-room.
- There are cooking classes available at Lao, and kids have free daily usage of the Kids Club for 2 hours.
- Welcome amenities are a pleasant surprise in-room, with a variety of delicious sweets to enjoy.
- Like many great Dubai resorts, the Waldorf Astoria has a memorable Friday brunch with plenty of food and activities for young guests.