The Peninsula Manila
The Peninsula Manila is a glittering landmark within the bustle of Makati. This stylish oasis presents a luxurious world where no detail is overlooked and every need is catered with a smile. The Peninsula, embedded in the history of Manila, is a beautiful destination that offers excellent and exclusive services for every member of the family.
Opened 1976, the Peninsula Manila is a pleasure to experience from the moment you enter the expansive and opulent lobby to the artfully restrained design of suites and the many wonderful restaurants.
- The original architect was Gabriel Formoso, who collaborated with Wimberly, Whisenand, Allison, Tong & Goo.
- The property was designed in a brutalist style and has ornate tropical interior decoration and a large collection of Filippino art and craftwork throughout.
Both the Premier and the Peninsula suites are ideal for families
- The newly renovated Premier suites including spacious lounge and dining rooms, and
- The Peninsula suite further offering a second bedroom and a private library, butler service and a charming baby grand piano.
This Peninsula, the second of its kind after the original Hong Kong property, offers a generous collection of 3 restaurants, 2 bars, cafe, lounge, and chocolate gift boutique.
- Old Manila is the flagship restaurant serving contemporary cuisine and an extensive grill selection as well as one of the greatest wine lists in the Philippines.
- Spices present south-east Asian favourites in a light-filled atrium.
- Escolta is an international buffet with an impressive variety of cuisines and a focus on farm to table fresh produce and well-loved Filipino dishes.
- Salon de Ning is a bar and lounge within a mood-lit art deco location across a combined four rooms with nightly live entertainment.
- The more classic The Bar is a cozy clubhouse of leather chairs and chequered floor, offering a selection of rare spirits and fine wines.
- Waterside, the Pool Bar offers light and delicious snacks and drinks looking out to the tropical gardens.
- The crowning lobby lounge with its adjoining Peninsula Boutique is the thriving heart of the 'Pen' with its soaring ceiling, tropical decoration, casual classics, and impressive afternoon tea.
- The Boutique is the perfect destination for artful pastries and decorated chocolates.
Fitness and recreation is a key element of the Peninsula Manila, presenting guests with a complete wellness destination and exclusive services through the Academy program.
- The Peninsula Spa is a modern collection of spa suites, relaxation rooms, sauna, and steam rooms. Here you will find a full menu of treatments dedicated to revitalise, rejuvenate and relax.
- The accompanying gymnasium is a very well-curated selection of equipment and free weights, and a workout space available for yoga and pilates. This facility looks out to a tropical pool oasis ideal for fitness or relaxation.
- Guests also have the opportunity to experience exclusive services through the Peninsula Academy program including historic tours, fashion and jewellery shopping expeditions, and gourmet excursions.
Young guests have an unbeatable range of services and activities to enjoy.
- Under the Peninsula's Academy Program, the Peninsula Manila offers a toy-making class, a Filipino crafts class and Filipino sweets cooking class.
- Young guests can have fun and relax in the outdoor pool or the connected wading pool, explore the surrounding gardens, and enjoy dedicated children's menu, including complimentary meals, as well as partake in seasonal arts and crafts workshops at Easter and Christmas.
The quality of the The Peninsula Manila is illustrated by its current Forbes 5 Star rating as a property of exceptional luxury.
Families looking for a luxurious home in Manila will find the Peninsula to exceed their every expectation. Not only do they offer a wide range of activities and amenities for all the family, but they present this in the flawless and detailed manner synonymous with the Peninsula hotels brand worldwide.
The generosity of small gifts and delicious chocolate and pastry delicacies delivered in-room is truly sensational. This is a property that gives so much and creates many magical delights for young guests, especially at Christmas and Easter celebrations, and also for birthday stays.