The Dylan Amsterdam
The Dylan Amsterdam provides a luxuriously understated haven in a convenient central location. This beautiful independent property combines the charm of cosy and comfortable design with some of the city's best gastronomy, and expertly curated amenities and services for the whole family.
Opened 1999, this 16th Century icon has hosted royalty and notable historic figures throughout its colourful past.
- Originally a theatre, the Dylan was lovingly converted to open in 1999 combining the drama of the performance space with a cosy modern interior.
- The property was renovated in 2014 by Remy Meijers who lifted existing accommodations into unique spaces with custom furniture and a beautiful modern aesthetic.
- The Dylan has a Dutch charm and inviting atmosphere referred to as gezellig. Guests will enjoy natural materials, exposed wooden beams, antique mirrors and furniture, bathroom mosaics, stone tables, and inventive warm lighting.
- Recent additions by Studio Linse to dining and guest areas offer splendid design that further The Dylan's charm from the interior to the exterior spaces.
The Dylan Amsterdam offers a unique range of accommodations categorised under four styles, Loxora, Serendipity, Loft, and Amber. Within these, there are a variety of rooms available ranging from double rooms to luxury suites. The most ideal of these accommodations for families are the Serendipity and Loft Luxury Suites.
- The Serendipity Luxury Suite (the Jacob van Campen Suite) offers a magnificent canal view, two levels with a master bedroom and bathroom on the second floor, the lower floor featuring a large lounge room, full bathroom with separate bathtub, workspace, and the option to connect another bedroom for a two bedroom suite.
- Luxury Loft suites include two levels overlooking the gardens, a large master bedroom, bathroom with separate bathtub and luxury shower, and an expansive lounge area including study space.
The Dylan houses two extraordinary dining spaces which are highly prized in Amsterdam's culinary scene.
- Restaurant Vinkeles is an awarded fine diner serving traditional and modern French cuisine by Chef Dennis Kuipers. As well as the main dining room, Restaurant Vinkeles offers private dining both in an adjacent room and on ‘The Muze’, a 19th-century saloon vessel.
- Bar Brasserie OCCO is a warm and inviting all-day diner and bar space for casual meals, delicious drinks, artistic cocktails, and a play on 'high tea' with their original 'high wine' service.
Wellness & Activites
There is a concise range of wellness amenities and activities for guests of The Dylan Amsterdam, including
- A gym studio is provided for guests, including free weights and cardio machines.
- The Dylan offers beautiful Dutch Roetz bikes to explore the city for adults and older children.
For Young Guests
Woven into The Dylan's expertly crafted services is an excellent VIK (Very Important Kids) program for children of all ages.
- This includes an exclusive VIK check-in and check out, which seeks to understand the needs of young guests and leave a lasting impression. Here you will also find offers of complimentary dining for children and complimentary attraction tickets for nearby amusements.
- The Dylan provides toys, art and craft supplies, gaming consoles, and a lovely milk, cookies and popcorn turndown service.
The Dylan Amsterdam is awarded a Stay Someday Elite rating, as a property of a very high level of luxury and excellent services, amenities, accommodations and offers available for families.
The Dylan Amsterdam offers an unforgettable family experience with exceptional services and some of the most delicious food in this beautiful city.
The Dylan Amsterdam has a lovely hidden garden in its interior courtyard that is a perfect location to relax and enjoy a tranquil moment. Here you will find a refined focus on the guest experience with specially curated cuisine complemented by music and a signature Dylan scent. Children celebrating a special birthday occasion may receive a beautiful birthday cake. Restaurant Vinkeles is always in high demand and it is recommended to book far in advance to avoid disappointment.