St Regis Osaka
The St Regis Osaka is a chic luxury hotel in the heart of downtown Osaka, on the Midosuji boulevard. This is a grand property with large rooms, impressive public spaces, and a charming selection of services for the whole family.
Opened 2010, the St Regis is one of the more recently built luxury hotels in Osaka. Design details include,
- The famed Japanese architecture firm Nikken Sekkei built this 27 story hotel. They have combined multiple elements (modern and traditional, East and West, understated luxury and bespoke craftsmanship) to present a property that feels exclusive and comfortable.
- Interior design is by the GA Group who have selected a subtle blend of Japanese design and Western architectural details. The look is inspired by Japan's Momoyama period where trade was first opened between the East and the West.
- Rooms are decorated in warm neutral tones with thick carpeting, silk drapes, and clean wooden details. Public and dining areas are more dramatic, featuring custom lighting, parquetry floors, and scene-stealing displays.
Rooms and suites at the St Regis Osaka are generously sized, with spectacular views and bespoke details. Some of the most ideal for families are,
- Grand Deluxe Larger Guest Rooms (46 sqm), featuring two double beds and a walk-in closet, seating and work desk, city views, butler service, marble bathroom with oversized bathtub and separate rain shower.
- Fuji Larger Suites (129 sqm) present a large bedroom with two queen beds and a walk-in closet, a living room with lounge space and work desk, and a dining room with space for 4 guests. This suite also has top floor views across the city, a marble fireplace, antiques, a butler's kitchen, butler service, and a marble bathroom with oversized bathtub and separate rain shower.
- Royal Presidential Suite (197 sqm) is this property's ultimate accommodation and one of the greatest in the city. The master bedroom has a four-poster canopied bed with additional seating and lounge areas and a walk-in closet. The dining room seats 8 guests and is supported by a private kitchen with pantry. There is a large living room with lounge seating and an elegant study with a writing desk. This suite also has incredible views of Osaka, butler service, and a large marble bathroom with freestanding oversized bathtub and walk-in rain shower.
The St Regis Osaka contains some of the most interesting, delicious, and varied dining destinations of any luxury hotel in this city. Details include,
- La Venduta, a northern Italian restaurant with an open kitchen and designs reminiscent of an Italian country villa.
- Rue d'Or presents a glamorous French bistro with terrace and interior split level dining. Expect exceptional baked goods and charcuterie, as well as classic French flavours.
- Teppanyaki Restaurant Wako provides seasonal ingredients and a focus on luxurious meat cuts. The space is designed to evoke Azuchi-Momoyama-era tearooms.
- The St Regis Bar is an intimate destination for afternoon tea and classic cocktails.
- Boulangerie Rue d'Or is open for lunch with a great selection of bakery items and refreshing drinks.
Wellness & Activities
Two excellent wellness amenities are available to guests of the St Regis Osaka including a memorable on-site spa and a fitness studio. Benefits include,
- The Iridium Spa featuring Sothys products. This 355 sqm spa is a beautiful retreat and includes individual and couple spa suites, relaxation lounges, body treatments and therapies, foot and hand care, all utilising the products of the French wellness brand Sothys.
- There is a 24hr exercise studio featuring the latest cardio and weight machines, as well as free weights, all overlooking the Osaka city skyline.
Children of all ages are welcomed at the St Regis Osaka, with a range of services and amenities to enjoy throughout their stay.
- These include a personalised welcome amenity, custom robes and slippers, turndown treats, and in-room baby amenities.
- Services are a highlight here with options such as babysitting and nannying, a museum and noodle cup experience in the city, children's menus, and complimentary children's meals.
- A highlight of this property is the personalised service, in particular through butlers assigned to each accommodation. It is rare to find butler services throughout a hotel, not just in top-level suites.
- The downtown location is a paradise for shopping. The hotel is surrounded by some of the best shopping in Osaka.
- St Regis Osaka features live performances on most evenings, showcasing a variety of traditional musical arts and other memorable acts.
- Chocolates and other sweet surprises are provided in-room upon check-in as well as turndown.