Ritz Carlton Osaka
Sitting above the city's prestigious Umeda district, the Ritz Carlton Osaka provides one of the most exciting and luxurious hotels in Japan's Water Capitol. This awarded property offers a delightful range of family enticements including customised programs, night time activities, and charming cultural services.
Opened in 1997, the Ritz Carlton has maintained the unique aesthetic of an 18th century English manor filled with modern touches of technology and design. Details include,
- Public areas and rooms have a graceful appeal with natural stone, including marble, chandelier lighting, parquetry flooring, and thick patterned carpeting.
- The accommodation colour scheme is light and refined, featuring greys, blues, and creams. Deep blue and purple colour accents appear on curtains and furniture pieces.
- Public areas shine in wood panelling, cast iron and brass fixtures, and rich leather seating. There is an excellent collection of English antiques on display, from mirrors and period lighting to a large collection of paintings.
- Renovations of the dining areas were recently completed in 2019.
The Ritz Carlton Osaka offers a varied range of suites that perfectly accommodate families of every size. The very best include,
- Club Suites (77sqm) offering a corner aspect with breathtaking views of the city. The master bedroom is connected to an Italian marble bathroom with a television, a bathtub, and a separate shower. The living room features a lounge area and additional seating, and there is a writing desk as well as a foyer area. This suite also provides access to the Club Lounge.
- The Japanese Suite (100 sqm) offers plenty of space and a distinct cultural experience. The entrance foyer is paved with Teppei flagstones and the walls are constructed from Hinoki timber. There is tatami flooring, seating and dining areas, and a view of Osaka city. The bathroom includes a unique Mikage stone Japanese-style bathtub. Comfortable futon mattresses are provided for a relaxing sleep, and Shoji screens divide the two large rooms.
- This property's ultimate suite, the Ritz Carlton Suite (233 sqm) presents a grand master bedroom with additional seating and an adjacent parlour for reading and relaxation. The large living room features both lounge spaces and a dining area with room for 8 guests. There are an adjacent pantry and separate service entry. The Italian marble bathroom includes both a bathtub and separate shower, with an additional television. There is a grand foyer and a guest bathroom at the entrance to this suite.
Osaka is one of the most highly regarded Japanese cities for exquisite culinary adventures. The Ritz Carlton Osaka furthers this delicious tradition with,
- La Baie holds one Michelin star and presents French specialities in an elegant salon setting.
- Hanagatami also has been awarded one Michelin star for its sublime tempura offering. This tranquil Japanese restaurant also includes sushi, sumibiyaki, Kaiseki, and teppanyaki specialties.
- Xiang Tao is a special Cantonese restaurant serving classics and dim sum.
- Splendido presents a contemporary Italian offering in a villa-style setting. Specialties include Naples style pizzas and an extensive wine selection.
- The Lobby Lounge is the destination for a classic English afternoon tea service and all-day dining.
- The Bar has a menu of over 460 beverages, fine cigars, and live jazz piano.
Wellness & Activities
Here at the Ritz Carlton Osaka, guests will find a rich variety of relaxation and active services and amenities, such as,
- The Ritz Carlton Spa offering Japanese influenced therapies and treatments in the charm of 18th Century English design. Signature experiences include ESPA and La Prarie products, green tea facials, and spring water cleansing.
- Adjacent to the Spa is the 24-hour fitness centre, which includes the latest cardio and weight machines, a large free weights section, and optional personal training.
- There is an indoor 20-meter pool, both an indoor and an outdoor jacuzzi, as well as poolside and garden lounging. The nearby spa area includes hot and cold plunge pools, dry sauna, wet steam room, change areas, and a relaxation room.
- Cultural activities include a hotel art tour, running routes, origami classes, bike rentals, and experiences of Osaka favourites such as tours of the Yamazaki distillery, the fish market, the traditional crafts museum, and a variety of river cruises.
The wonder of Osaka and its cultural heritage is proudly presented to young guests of the Ritz Carlton Osaka through a selection of exclusive Ritz Kids amenities and services, including,
- Kids are welcomed with a special check-in service and their own reception desk. Once checked-in, families will find welcome sweets and fresh fruits accompanied by charming handwritten cards.
- Young guests have a host of benefits in-room, including custom pyjamas and slippers, toiletries and bath time toys, cupcakes, and art & craft sets.
- Special services include a treasure hunt to explore the property and a charming camping service with tents, games, camping amenities, and nighttime snacks.
- There are a children's menu and many delicious options at buffet services, child-friendly tours and craft lessons, as well as the pool, spas, and bike rental for older children.
The Ritz Carlton Osaka carries the Stay Someday Elite rating, as a property of a very high level of luxury and excellent services, amenities, accommodations and offers available for families.
- If you are travelling by private jet, the Ritz Carlton Osaka can cater specially to your needs. They offer a fully customisable menu from the Executive Chef Gilles Perrin.
- The Ritz Carlton is known to provide generous surprises in-room, including chocolates, sweet treats, delicious fruits, and a refreshing selection of beverages.
- This property is directly connected to the city, with a subterranean passage to shopping and local metro.
- The generosity and artistry of complimentary sweets, especially for special occasions is a stand-out here.