The Peninsula Tokyo is one of the city's great luxury hotels. Overlooking Hibiya Park and the Imperial Palace, this central hotel enchants families with impeccable staff, well-curated amenities, and the greatest selection of cultural services of any luxury hotel in Tokyo.
Opened in 2007, this elegant property was designed by Yukio Hashimoto, with its aesthetic appearing 'International by Design, and Japanese by Inspiration'. This translates to a beautiful hotel of plush furnishings, natural materials of wood, stone, and marble, a refined muted colour palette, and some of the greatest lighting design (by Tino Kwan) of any modern luxury hotel.
The pick of the accommodations here for families is the Peninsula Suite, the Hibiya Suite, and the Deluxe Suite.
- The Deluxe Suite features corner views over Tokyo city, large dressing and powder rooms, living room and dining areas, and can be connected with a Grand Premier Room for a two-bedroom suite.
- The Hibiya Suite offers magnificent garden and city views, a dining room for 12, a large living room, a spa-like bathroom with a whirlpool, coat room, two powder rooms, private pantry, a study, two dressing rooms, a private gym, a piano, and the option to add two more rooms to make a three-bedroom suite.
- The flagship Peninsula Suite includes unbeatable city and garden views, a private balcony, a grand piano, dining room for 12, space to enjoy a private tea ceremony, a large living room, coat room, two powder rooms, private pantry, a study, two dressing rooms, and a private gym.
Dining at the Peninsula Tokyo includes some of the city's most exceptional gastronomic experiences.
- With unobstructed views of the palace, Peter Restaurant and Bar is the ultimate destination for grilled selections of meat and seafood. Peter includes 'The Nest', which is a private dining room for up to 12 guests.
- Peter Bar offers a modern decorative interpretation of Japanese nature and serves legendary cocktails in classic and vintage selections.
- The Hei Fung Terrace is a sophisticated Cantonese restaurant with four private dining rooms and an exclusive chef's table.
- Sushi Wakon specialises in Edomae style techniques and sublime flavours, with a main service bar and private rooms.
- The Lobby is the perfect place for casual international fare and an exceptional afternoon tea service.
- The Peninsula Boutique & Cafe offers exquisite pastries, handmade chocolates, tea, wine, and casual dishes to be enjoyed in the alfresco dining on Naka Dori Avenue.
The Peninsula offers a wellness precinct of three high-quality venues including a spa, gym, and indoor pool.
- The Peninsula Spa is an ultra-modern temple of refinement with a Five Star Forbes rating. They specialise in therapies and beauty treatments in Oriental, Ayurvedic and European styles.
- The Health Club offers Technogym machines and weight training areas. Personal trainers are also available for individual coaching.
- The 5th floor 20-metre indoor pool overlooks Hibiya Park, has an adjoining vitality pool and balcony with seating and is a great amenity for fitness or recreation.
Young guests are very well cared for by the Peninsula Academy program and a generous selection of amenities and offers.
- These include custom bathrobes & slippers, special toiletries, bikes, welcome amenities, refreshing drinks, and a scavenger hunt.
- This property includes city trips by Mini Clubman cars for certain room types, has a Pokemon Hotel Adventure offer, an exclusive flight simulator experience over Tokyo for older children, Karate lessons, faux food art creations, wind chime making, origami lessons, and both complimentary meal offers and a delicious children's menu.
The quality of the Peninsula Tokyo is illustrated by its current Forbes 5 Star rating as a property of exceptional luxury. The Peninsula also carries the Stay Someday Top-du-Top rating, marking this property as one with the highest level of luxury and most substantial services, amenities, accommodations and offers available for families.
The Peninsula Tokyo is an ultimate destination for families looking to explore the heart of Tokyo and enjoy its many luxuries. The combination of a great location, incredible dining, beautiful spaces, and excellent services makes this property one of the ultimate stays in Tokyo.
The Peninsula Tokyo has been known to provide complimentary rides in their classic Rolls Royce fleet to lucky guests celebrating a milestone. Surprise sweets at turndown are a touch of magic for young guests. The pastry kitchens for the Peninsula Boutique and Cafe have viewing windows of the working chefs and are a great spot for young guests to pick up some culinary tips.