The Peninsula Shanghai
The Peninsula Shanghai is one of Shanghai's superb luxury properties with extraordinary facilities, world-class services and many excellent restaurants. This hotel is a wonder for lucky families looking to indulge, relax, discover, and experience one of the world's leading hotels.
Opened 2009, the Shanghai Pen is one of the most beautifully designed hotels in China.
- The HOK design group balanced eastern and western design aesthetics in a harmony of granite, marble, and bronze, with interior details in plush carpeting, leather wall panels, and furniture with textured fabrics.
- The art deco style reflects neighbouring properties on the Bund, and calls to a 1920's glamour that is chic, restrained and classic.
- The stunning lobby decorated by Pierre-Yves Rochon is a splendid open space of towering columns looking out to the Huangpu River and consulate gardens.
Every accommodation in this hotel is fantastic, and the most ideal for families are the Palace Suite when paired with an adjoining room, and the two-bedroom Peninsula Suite.
- The Palace Suite offers the largest balcony of any suite in Shanghai and is excellent for hosting guests, with an entertainment room, dining room, pantry, and grand piano.
- The Peninsula Suite has everything a family could want, including extensive lounge and dining areas, balcony, fireplace, study, private gym, and fully equipped kitchen and pantry.
The Peninsula Shanghai offers,
- 3 restaurants (Michelin-starred Sir Elly's and Yi Long Court, and No.1 Waitanyuan).
- 3 bars (Sir Elly's Terrace, Salon De Ning, and The Compass Bar)
- And The Lobby, featuring international all-day dining.
- The Lobby afternoon tea is one not to be missed, with live strings every afternoon, and later evening jazz.
- The neighbouring former British Consulate building also hosts delicious Asian specialties in the Balfour restaurant.
- Young guests are well catered for with specialised children's menus, many complimentary meal offerings, and delightful welcome cupcakes.
Guests will enjoy the full-service luxury spa featuring holistic and modern treatments, the large indoor pool and sun terrace, 24-hour fitness centre, and wellness classes.
- The Peninsula Spa is an indulgent refuge independently rates five stars by Forbes.
- The Fitness Centre is open 24 hours and features the latest Life Fitness machines, personal training, complimentary activewear, and accompanying spa, sauna, and whirlpool.
- The 25m indoor pool is one of the most beautiful in the world. Bathed in light and surrounded by an indoor and outdoor terrace, this facility is perfect for fitness and recreation, includes a steam room and sauna, and offers light meals and refreshments poolside.
Young guests have many excellent amenities and services on offer.
- There are complimentary transfers to Disneyland, chocolate making classes within the Peninsula's Academy program, on-site seasonal children's activities, and a delightful welcome amenity.
- Sweet surprises will delight young guests, the hotel has green Peninsula bikes available for older children, and includes kids yoga sessions as well.
- The Rosamonde Aviation Lounge on the 14th floor is also a wonderful museum for children, dedicated to the history of aviation in China.
The Peninsula Shanghai's quality is illustrated by its current Forbes 5 Star rating as a property of exceptional luxury, and also carries the Stay Someday Elite rating, as a property of a very high level of luxury and excellent services, amenities, accommodations and offers available for families.
The Peninsula Shanghai is a flawless hotel for families looking for the highest quality luxury in Shanghai. Every facet of this property is executed with style, great care and the pursuit of excellence. This is an exceptional hotel that any family would be very fortunate to experience.
Be on the lookout for special themed afternoon teas for young guests during the festive season, the lobby Peninsula Shop is a treasure trove of goodies, try the weekend family brunch with a dedicated kids corner, and enjoy a luxury family cruise on a beautiful Peninsula yacht.