The Peninsula Bangkok is an elegant oasis alongside the city's Chao Praya River. This luxurious property in the heart of the city is a tranquil retreat among tropical gardens, with an excellent range of activities for the whole family.
Opened 1998, the Peninsula Bangkok is a colonial-style wonder on the river of kings. The property covers an expansive area in the Khlong San district, bordered by the Chao Praya River, with a tall main tower surrounded by landscaped gardens, low rise buildings, and leisure amenities.
- This property has been updated and renovated in stages, with the most recent significant work in 2013.
- Buildings and interiors balance colonial details with historic and modern Thai aesthetics.
- Accommodations in the main tower each have river views due to the unique 'w' shaped design.
- Guest spaces are designed in clean lines, neutral tones, and warm light, with classic examples of Thai artwork and handicraft on display.
The Peninsula Bangkok offers a range of well-appointed and spacious suites ideal for families of every size, such as
- The spectacular Thai Suite on level 36, designed as a traditional luxury Thai residence, with rich silks, teak floors, golden ceilings, floor to ceiling windows, master bedroom with lounge, dressing room, adjoining marble bathroom with shower and bathtub, living area with lounge and workspace, a powder room, and butlers pantry.
- Peninsula's Grand Terrace Suite offers floor to ceiling views of the city and river, antiques and art, butler service, terrace with sundeck, whirlpool, and outdoor dining for 4, pantry and dining room for 8 guests, master bedroom with lounge, walk-in closet, and dressing area, marble bathroom with whirlpool, powder room, and private study.
- The Duplex Suite is the ultimate accommodation for families, with mansion-like space on the 36th and 37th floors, private terrace with lounge, dining and sundeck on lower floor, private terrace with sundeck, whirlpool, and dining for 4 on upper floor, master bedroom with lounge, an adjoining marble bathroom with whirlpool, dressing room, and private study, butler service a lower floor lounge room and dining room for 10 guests, dining pantry, powder room, guest bedroom, bathroom, and dressing room.
Alfresco dining and delicious drinks are on offer across two restaurants, three bars, and a lobby lounge
- Thiptara Restaurant serves authentic Thai cuisine surrounded by tropical gardens and the river.
- River Cafe & Terrace offers an international menu from lite meals to buffet selections.
- The River Bar, Pool Bar and Lobby Bar all serve delicious snacks and a wide selection of beverages including spirits and rare wines in the Lobby Bar, and classic cocktails in the River Bar.
- The Lobby Lounge presents all-day dining, with a signature afternoon tea service and live entertainment.
Wellness & Activites
Peninsula Bangkok offers wonderful leisure amenities to guests for relaxation, activity, and training, such as
- The Spa, with its private suites with steam showers and whirlpools, and therapies combining European, Oriental and Ayurvedic philosophies.
- The Fitness Centre is available 24 hours and offers Life Fitness cardio machines, free weights, and TRX equipment. There is also a steam room, sauna, and hot and cold plunge pools available for guests.
- In the tropical gardens, the Peninsula offers a spectacular three-tiered swimming pool and a tennis court where a resident pro is available for practice and training.
The Peninsula Bangkok is a central base for young guests to be immersed in Thai culture through the Peninsula Academy Program with services such as
- Becoming a Radio DJ at Bangkok's Easy FM Station, creating handcrafted Thai art, Muay Thai kickboxing lessons, children's cooking classes, and a Thai painting class.
- Also available are children's menus, complimentary and discounted dining, and a family Sunday BBQ buffet with pizza making, art, and entertainment.
- The Peninsula also offers welcome packs, scavenger hunts, in-room baby amenities, strollers, toiletries, bathrobes & slippers, art and craft supplies, and kids spa services.
The quality of the Peninsula Bangkok is illustrated by its current Forbes 5 Star rating as a property of exceptional luxury. The Peninsula also carries the Stay Someday Top-du-Top rating, marking this property as one with the highest level of luxury and most substantial services, amenities, accommodations and offers available for families.
The Peninsula Bangkok is a haven for families in the bustle of the city of angels, with generous dining, exclusive activities, and wonderful spacious suites.
Guests will love the selection of transport options for this centrally located property. These range from helicopters (a landing pad sits atop the central tower), to hire bikes, a custom tuk-tuk, a fleet of BMW and Rolls Royce, and a custom Thai styled hotel boat. Generous snacks await young guests upon check-in, with delicious pastries, candies, and lollipops available in-suite. Toy bears and adventure in-room tents are available for young guests to enjoy. Look out for the Peninsula Bangkok's artist in residence program for valuable insight into the creative process of significant Thai artists. Peninsula Bangkok has begun to experiment with augmented reality and afternoon tea, combining art, Thai mythology, and AR.