Mandarin Oriental Bangkok
The Mandarin Oriental Bangkok is a landmark luxury hotel on the Chao Phraya River in the heart of the city of angels. This iconic property is a haven for families, with many dining choices, excellent leisure and relaxation facilities, and some of the most lavish suites in the city
Originally opened as The Oriental in 1876, this property was the first hotel built in Siam and proudly displays its rich heritage within modern resort-styled designs.
- The Mandarin Oriental has hosted royalty from around the world throughout its history, with the original hotel deemed worthy of stately visits by Thai royalty.
- There is a refined elegance that mixes with Thai luxury, handicraft details, and sumptuous fabrics throughout the property.
- Accommodations are filled with silks, teak furniture, marble bathrooms, period Thai decoration, and oriental rugs. The hotel has been completely renovated in two stages, with half completed in 2016 and the other in late 2019.
The Mandarin Oriental Bangkok is unrivalled in its quality and a wide selection of accommodations. Families have a great choice of superb suites including,
- The Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite that offers pool and river views from its private furnished balcony, a large master bedroom with lounge, walk-in closet, and dressing room, an Italian marble bathroom with separate shower and bathtub, a combined living room with lounge and dining areas, and a private bar.
- A recently revitalised Ambassador Two Bedroom Suite in the original Authors Wing presents garden and river views and dining from a private Victorian-inspired glass conservatory, two living rooms, a master bedroom with walk-in closet, marble bathroom with rain shower,
- The largest suite here is the Two Bedroom Oriental Suite including a penthouse with wrap-around terrace, private dining room for 12 guests, an entertainment room, full kitchen, master bedroom with unique canopy bed, and multiple sitting areas.
The Mandarin Oriental Bangkok matches its superb accommodations with an outstanding selection of dining destinations including
- Fine dining restaurants, Le Normandie (Classic French), Sala Rim Naam (Authentic Thai), Lord Jim's (Modern Seafood), and Kinu by Takagi (Kyoto-style kaiseki).
- There are many excellent all-day and dinner services through Terrace Rim Naam (Unique Thai dinners), The China House (Classic Chinese in 1930's Shanghai setting), Riverside Terrace (BBQ buffet dinners), The Verandah (light all-day dining), and Ciao Terrazza (Italian Trattoria with classic cocktails).
- There is also a delicious Mandarin Oriental Shop for gifts, pastries and baked goods, the Author's Lounge for a charming afternoon tea service, and the Bamboo Bar to experience the spirit of the old Oriental Hotel and Bangkok's rich history.
Wellness & Activites
Here guests will find an award-winning spa and a selection of leisure amenities to be enjoyed by the whole family.
- The Oriental Spa was the first city spa in Bangkok, has been awarded 5 Stars by Forbes, and a selection of treatment rooms, specialty suites, a relaxation lounge, and a Moroccan Rhassoul.
- Guests access the Oriental Spa by a short boat ride across the river to experience a true oasis of therapies and treatments using traditional Thai and contemporary techniques.
- There is a state-of-the-art fitness facility located onsite, including a gym with cardio machines, free weights, sauna, steam room, and jacuzzi. Personal training is available by request.
- Included are two swimming pools for relaxation and fitness, and a variety of fitness classes, circuit training, and tennis courts.
For Young Guests
The Mandarin Oriental Bangkok shines in its well-curated amenities and activities for children of all ages.
- There is an on-site cooking school, books and baby amenities to enjoy in-room, a shallow pool, tennis and gardens to enjoy
- Young guests will also like multiple children's menus, a kids club, babysitting, and a variety of activity classes such as exercise, yoga, and Muay Thai.
The quality of the Mandarin Oriental Bangkok is illustrated by its current Forbes 5 Star rating as a property of exceptional luxury.
The Mandarin Oriental Bangkok is a district of luxury, delicious dining, enjoyable activities, and serene relaxation in one of the most perfect locations in the city.
Personal butlers are available for guests and are a valuable resource for a perfect stay. This property regularly has visiting chefs for special events in many of the fine dining restaurants during the year. Live jazz by resident and visiting artists can be enjoyed in the Bamboo Bar. The famous afternoon tea service now includes and vegan and gluten-free option for guests to enjoy. Guests celebrating a birthday may receive delicious sweets, a cake, or a generous bottle of champagne to celebrate in their accommodation.