Makati Shangri La Manila
In the thriving Makati district, the Shangri-La Manila is a property of warm luxury within the city's shopping and entertainment hub. This is a landmark in luxury hotels of Manila, with an expansive and sumptuous lobby and an impressive range of accommodations, amenities and services for families, that has become the standard for Manila luxury hotels.
Opened 1993, and extensively renovated in its 26 years, the Makati Shangri La offers families a haven of opulence and relaxation.
- This property was designed by Kanko Kikaku Sekkeisha, Yozo Shibata & G. Formoso, featuring a breathtaking lobby of grand staircases, magnificent chandeliers and luxurious finishes in marble, silk, and fine plush carpeting.
Of the 696 luxurious rooms and suites, the most ideal for families are the two-bedroom Specialty and Presidential suites.
- Both feature beautiful city views over Ayala Avenue, kitchenettes and large dining areas for the whole family.
Befitting this iconic and substantial luxury property, the Shangri La Makati offers a wide range of enticing dining experiences.
- There are four restaurants, one cafes lounge, and two bars across the property, helmed by Circles buffet, one of the most impressive buffet dining restaurants in Manila.
- Also available are Inagiku, a Japanese restaurant specialising in sushi and teppanyaki, Sage Bespoke Grill for casual dining, and the Shang Palace for exceptional Cantonese cuisine.
- The lobby lounge is a serene destination to take in beautiful surrounds, classic live music and a delicious afternoon tea service.
- The Pool bar offers casual bites and cooling beverages, and the Sage Bar is a must for crafted cocktails using local ingredients.
- Families will especially love the Sinfully Circles pastry room, where guests can choose from exquisite French pastries, bread, confections, and beautifully made chocolate creations.
Guests can take advantage of many recreations and relaxations with a large outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts, a full-service spa and one of the largest hotel health clubs in the city.
- The Spa at the Shangri La presents traditional tropical therapies in spa suites, including aroma and hilot massages.
- The 24hr fully equipped gym caters to every fitness need and is accompanied by steam and sauna rooms, as well as an outdoor pool, a shallow wading pool suitable for young children, jacuzzi, whirlpools and tennis courts open until 10 pm.
Young guests have many offerings throughout the hotel, ranging from,
- speciality cuisine (children's menu and in-room children's minibar) and both complimentary and discounted meals to activities including the large outdoor and shallow wading pools in this tropical oasis.
- Magical touches of in-room treats, a special kids mini-bar and the offer of tents are a delight.
- There are also in-room entertainments available, in-house weekend recreational activities, and babysitting.
The Makati Shangri-La Manila is an excellent choice for families looking for the very best in recreation and dining, all within reach of the best of the bustling Makati district.
Save time for the magical afternoon tea experience, enquire whether there are cooking classes of cookies and cupcakes during your stay, be prepared for delicious celebration cakes to be delivered complimentary if you notify the property of a birthday celebration.