Imperial Hotel Osaka
Sitting on the banks of the Okawa River, the Imperial Hotel Osaka is a tranquil luxury hotel with incredible service and fun family amenities. This outpost of the Tokyo Imperial Hotel offers exclusive charming services and cultural touches that young guests will love.
Built in 1996, the Imperial Hotel Osaka is a meticulously detailed property with plush interiors in a style that combines modern elegance with Japanese tradition. Details include,
- The hotel features glass from floor to ceiling, bathing accommodations and public areas in light. This allows for excellent views along the cherry blossom filled Okawa River.
- Natural stone is used heavily in a variety of structural and ornamental styles. There is decorative wood panelling in public spaces, guest rooms, and dining areas.
- Subtle and soft lighting is inset throughout, with some feature pieces displayed in the lobby area.
- The overall design aesthetic is reminiscent of aspects of the original Imperial Hotel in Tokyo and follows Frank Lloyd Wright's 'prairie style'.
- This property was last renovated in 2008.
Guest rooms and suites display thick carpeting and a luxurious minimal but warm aesthetic. Some of the most ideal accommodations for families are,
- The Doorman Snoopy Room, which includes two double beds, a seating area, a work desk, and a bathroom with a combined shower and bathtub. This room also features notable Snoopy brand amenities, decorations, and bedding
- Imperial Suites (100-400 sqm) offer a master bedroom with seating spaces, a living area with lounge and seating space as well as a work desk and entertainment area. A dining area is provided for 5 guests, a large bathroom with separate shower and bathtub, and a second guest bathroom adjacent to the entrance and foyer area. Beautiful views of the Okawa River can also be enjoyed.
Osaka is a city of exceptional dining, and the Imperial Hotel Osaka is a fine example of this. Offers include,
- Les Saisons for fine French cuisine with seasonal flavours, and lunch and dinner services.
- Kamon offers exquisite seafood and meats cooked in a teppanyaki-style for lunch and dinner.
- Jasmine Garden presents the best Cantonese flavours with a specialty in seafood for lunch and dinner.
- Japanese cuisine is found in both Kyubey (Edo-mae sushi) and Osaka Nadaman (modern Japanese).
- The Park is a light-filled atrium that serves buffet breakfast and an unforgettable afternoon tea.
- Cafe Couvert is an all-day casual diner with modern and comfort classic food offerings.
- The Imperial Hotel Osaka also has two great bars. The Old Imperial Bar is reminiscent of the original in the Tokyo Imperial Hotel. The Rainbow Room is a 23rd floor gem that looks out over Osaka city.
Wellness & Activities
Many relaxing and refreshing services are offered at the Imperial Hotel Osaka. These include,
- The Fitness Centre, Pool, and Sauna located in the Annex Building. There is a 25m indoor pool with a small whirlpool connected. There is a sauna room, a separate men's and women's bath area, and a relaxation room. These facilities are available to guests over the age of 20.
- The Fitness Centre (4400 sqm) is one of the largest in western Japan. This includes the latest cardio and weights machines, free weights, a squash court, and a studio for group fitness. Personal trainers and other health experts are available for training programs and private consultations.
- There are also three all-weather tennis courts on-site, as well as a golf centre with indoor bunker and putting green, and a golf range. Private lessons are available with a golf monitor system.
- A lounge overlooking the garden areas is available to guests using the Fitness Centre. Drinks and light meals can be enjoyed here as well.
- The Imperial Hotel Osaka also offers a music room, which is soundproofed for practice and includes audio equipment and an upright piano.
- In-room massages are available in lieu of an on-site spa.
Children of all ages will delight in the exclusive Snoopy amusements and services offered at the Imperial Hotel Osaka, including,
- The previously mentioned Snoopy Room that is decorated and outfitted with charming Snoopy objects and bedding. There are special Snoopy meals available, as well as Snoopy gifts in the specialties shop.
- Young guests will also love their own kimonos, pyjamas, and slippers. Snoopy branded versions of these are available to guests staying in the Snoopy rooms.
- A kids room is provided for families, catering to younger children. There are a playroom and sleep room on-site. Other rooms and services include classrooms run by Alpha Corporation, and daycare as well.
- The onsite shopping arcade is filled with delicious treats and charming gifts to mark your stay or take home for the family.
- Bread and cakes provided by The Park are some of the most delicious in Osaka.
- Imperial floor rooms include luxurious Mikimoto cosmetics and premium luxury bedding.
- This property offers a shuttle to Osaka station, which is valuable for sightseeing and exploring.
- Sport and fitness amenities do come at an extra charge, a common practice at hotels in this region.