Connected to the original Oahu institution, the Halekulani Okinawa is a family paradise including some of the best accommodations and activities of any luxury resort in the island archipelago. This property provides unforgettable suites and villas, has a range of delicious dining, and activities in the natural environment for a relaxing and cultural Japanese experience.
Opened mid-2019, this recent luxury launch sits overlooking the sea on Okinawa's main island.
- Champalimaud Design has created a haven with breezy open architecture, natural materials, and elegant traditional Japanese decoration.
- Accommodations exude the Helekulani philosophy of creating a haven of quiet elegance. Guestrooms and suites are filled with bespoke rugs, plush seating in rattan and wood frames, as well as traditional shoji screens.
- Public spaces are vast open rooms that invite nature and offer perfect views of golden sands and the ocean. Restaurants and lounges share a natural palate, with both stone and oak floors, thick rugs, glass light fixtures, wooden ceilings, and warm leather banquets.
Halekulani Okinawa will wow families with a series of perfectly designed suites and unforgettable cliffside villas that are world-class, including
- Coral Suites (119 sqm) offer generous open plan living with dining for 4 and a comfortable lounge entertainment area. This suite looks directly out to the sea through floor to ceiling glass doors and a furnished balcony. This extends to the master bedroom with two double beds connected to a marble bathroom with a freestanding bathtub, walk-in shower, and double vanities.
- The Orchid Suite (294 sqm) is a breathtaking private residence filled with luxurious exclusives. This rooftop accommodation includes an extensive outdoor area with private pool, spa, sunken lounge, and an outdoor dining setting for 8 guests. Inside you will find lounge and dining areas for 8 guests, 2 luxurious bedrooms connected to ensuite marble bathrooms. The master suite includes a large marble bath within the room, overlooking the ocean.
- The ultimate family hideaway is the two-bedroom Halekulani Cliff-Villa (165 sqm). These private homes are surrounded by nature and include extensive outdoor spaces including a heated pool and bath fed by natural hot springs. Two guest bedrooms are separated by open lounge and dining spaces, with table settings for 10 guests, a kitchen, and a study space. Each bedroom includes a large bathroom with freestanding bathtub, walk-in shower, and double vanities. There is also a guest bathroom and space for outdoor entertaining.
The Halekulani Okinawa offers a selection of four restaurants and a sunset bar in picturesque locations with beautiful design and delicious cuisines, such as
- Shiroux presents modern gastronomy by 2 Michelin star chef Hiroyasu Kawate. This light and elegant space is a dinner service fixed menu restaurant with a minimum dining age of 12 years.
- Aomi offers the freshest seasonal produce from all of Japan. Dining styles include kaiseki, shabu-shabu, and a sushi counter. Aomi is available for both breakfast and dinner service with a fixed menu.
- Steak & Wine Kingdom is one of the premier steak restaurants on the island. The menu is both fixed and À la carte for dinner service, presented in a relaxed and elegant dining room.
- House Without A Key presents all-day dining with international cuisines and terrace seating. This restaurant follows its iconic namesake in Hawaii with a casual and comfortable atmosphere, live entertainment, and a special afternoon tea service.
- Spectra, the sunset bar with ocean views, has comfortable bar and plush leather banquet seating, with a range of handcrafted cocktails and delicious light meals.
Wellness & Activities
Surrounded by nature, open waters, and sandy beaches, Halekulani offers many activities for training, playing, and relaxing, including,
- SpaHalekulani involving both Okinawan and Hawaiian holistic rituals. Therapies and treatments use local ingredients, include spa rooms, and hot spring facilities.
- Adjoining SpaHalekulani is the gym and indoor pool. The studio gym includes Life Fitness cardio equipment and free weights. It is open from 9 am to 5 pm and has a minimum age of 16 years. The Halekulani indoor pool is surrounded by sun loungers and includes both hot spring and an air bubble baths nearby.
- Halekulani Okinawa also offers seasonal outdoor pools including the spectacular Orchid pool with cabanas and shallow water loungers. There is also a quiet pool and pool bar for adults, and an ocean terrace pool with shallow water loungers and cabanas, also reserved for adults.
- The neighbouring ocean adds many wonderful activities for guests, including snorkelling, diving, kayaking, stand up paddleboards, and sailing. There is also a tennis court available during the day, where guests can rent equipment, shoes and clothing as well.
- Local tours are also available, covering secrets of health and longevity through wellness and dining, and nature tours to discover fireflies.
Children of all ages will love Halekulani Okinawa for its natural beauty, outdoor activities, and a fun kids club. Details include,
- The Halekulani Kids Club is for ages 3-12 and operates sessions throughout the day. Included are Okinawan culture programs, delicious kids meals, marine sports and activities, and indoor playtime with arts and crafts.
- This resort also has a dedicated kids pool surrounded by sun loungers, and children can enjoy the many water sports as well as onsite tennis.
- Bedrooms and bathrooms are oversized compared to most Japanese accommodations.
- During warmer months it is best to claim poolside lounges and make reservations for restaurants in advance of your stay.
- For special occasions, this resort goes the extra mile by providing complimentary gifts and decorations.