Four Seasons Kyoto
With a mixture of elegant traditions and contemporary luxury, the Four Seasons Kyoto transports families in a serene and beautiful luxury hotel. This is one of the leading properties in Kyoto, with sublime gastronomy, deep relaxation, and a host of cultural activities and luxuries for young guests.
Opened late 2016, the Four Seasons Kyoto is famously designed around an 800-year-old garden. This hotel is a series of low rise buildings surrounded by greenery and water features. Highlights include,
- Architectural design by Kume Sekkei who created a harmonious mixture of tradition and innovation in a 'Japanesque' style. Artistic Japanese materials and craftsmanship are displayed throughout, with natural stone, local hardwoods, and glass.
- Accommodations and public areas are bathed in light from floor to ceiling windows. Interior lighting follows the Japanese tradition of lantern styles and subtle minimalism adding a warm glow to interiors.
- The harmony of rooms and suites with the outside environment is a focus of design here. A variety of views are afforded to guests to experience the unique charms of this exclusive area of Kyoto.
The Four Seasons Kyoto provides a range of generous suite and residence style accommodations perfect for families of every size. The best are,
- One-Bedroom Suites (98-103 sqm) offering a master bedroom with a lounge area, a marble zen-like master bathroom inspired by a bamboo forest, a living room with lounge areas, study desk, a dining area for 4 guests, a furnished balcony overlooking the pond garden, a powder room, and a butler box for discreet deliveries.
- Two Bedroom Corner Hotel Residences (160-180 sqm) present a master bedroom with a lounge area and furnished private balcony, a marble master bathroom with separate deep-soaking bathtub and rain showers as well as in-mirror television, a second bedroom with two double beds and lounge, a living room that includes lounges, dining for 6 guests, a study desk, and another furnished balcony. There is a fully equipped kitchen with counter dining space, a washer and dryer room, a second bathroom, a powder room, and an entrance foyer.
- The sublime Presidential Suite is Kyoto's largest suite. There is a vast master bedroom with separated window side lounging space and a second bedroom with two double beds and study desk space. The two marble bathrooms are inspired by bamboo forests and include separate soaking tubs, rain showers and in-mirror televisions. The large open plan living room includes a sublime dining area for 8 people, lounge areas, a pantry area, study desk, and two furnished balconies. There is also an entrance foyer, a guest powder room, and views to the 12th century Myoho-in Temple.
The Four Seasons Kyoto shines with a select offering of quality dining destinations and culinary experiences, including,
- The Brasserie serving Japanese-French fare by chef Ryuji Koga across indoor seating by the fireplace, a nearby bar area, and a large terrace overlooking the pond garden. Here guests can enjoy all-day dining and special events such as a champagne garden and winter dining domes.
- Sushi Wakon and chef Rei Masuda present the freshest ingredients at an intimate bar or two private dining rooms. This has been awarded one Michelin star and is available for lunch and dinner services.
- The Lounge & Bar is the perfect place for handmade cocktails, in-house pastries and desserts, hand dripped coffee, and an exclusive Salvatore Ferragamo afternoon tea experience.
- Fuji provides a traditional Japanese experience of local teas and sweets, as well as sake and champagne.
- Guests can also enjoy traditional tea ceremonies and newly announced private cookery lessons with Chef Ryuji Koga. This is an exclusive offer to guests enjoying accommodation in the residences.
Wellness & Activities
Traditional rituals and local practices are at the heart of the Four Seasons Kyoto wellness and relaxation program, with such activities as,
- The Spa offers therapies and treatments based on the Japanese aesthetic principle connecting the body and mind through the Enso Circle motion. There are 7 treatment rooms including a VIP couples suite, a nail salon, and relaxation areas.
- There is a 24-hour fitness centre outfitted with the latest Life Fitness cardio and weights machines. Free weights are available as well as optional personal training.
- The 20-metre indoor pool is a wonderful area for relaxation and training. There are submerged and poolside loungers available. Nearby are a steam room and sauna for guests.
- The wellness program extends to a variety of yoga sessions for group or private use, a Zen meditation area overlooking the garden pond, and both a 'forest bathing' and sunrise energizing (run or bike) to enliven the senses. Reiki (originating in Kyoto 1922) is also offered.
- This property also features nightly Maiko performances in the lobby, offers traditional rickshaw tours, and guided tours of craft markets, Kyoto districts, and special craft sessions.
Children are treated to a fun and engaging cultural program that offers a generous variety of services, such as,
- Welcome sweets and a personalised welcome amenity, custom bathrobes and slippers, children's toiletries and bath time fun, special in-room baby amenities, and the refreshing indoor pool.
- Services include an engaging ninja experience, lantern and pottery making, furoshiki, Maiko make-overs, and babysitting.
- There are delicious children's options and custom menus available in the hotel's dining locations and in-room.
- Games, books, toys, and electronic games are available, as well as delightful activities such as Koi fish feeding, and bike rentals for older children.
The Four Seasons Kyoto carries the Stay Someday Elite rating, as a property of a very high level of luxury and excellent services, amenities, accommodations and offers available for families.
- Residential suites offer a host of extra benefits such as champagne on arrival, a complimentary private bar, bonus time when enjoying spa treatments, and in-suite check-in.
- Guests can enjoy the 800-year-old garden with a personalised garden island dining experience.
- The resident tea house offers a delicious array of extra delicacies like summertime yuzu shaved ice.
- Floral displays are created by master in-house florists, with an exclusive Nicolai Bergman flower boutique on-site to sample the renowned fresh and preserved arrangements.
- Daily complimentary snacks and drinks are delivered to rooms with nice personal touches.
- Juices, teas, fruit, and water are provided when using the indoor pool area.
- Taxi or private car travel is recommended from this property when exploring Kyoto.