The Carlyle Hotel New York
The Carlyle Hotel New York is THE quintessential New York City luxury hotel. It is a timeless classic and one of the most expertly staffed properties in the world. The experience of the Carlyle is enthralling, whether it be the elegant rooms and suites by design legends or the iconic dining and entertainment venues. Perhaps the tranquil wellness offerings or the delightful Rose Buds program for young guests, the Carlyle is an enigma, a rarefied world for lucky guests and families.
Opened in 1930 and designed by Sylvan Bien and Harry M. Prince, The Carlyle Hotel New York exudes warmth with its eclectic accommodation interiors and classic deco aesthetic.
- Notable interior designers that have shaped the Carlyle are Dorothy Draper, Mark Hampton, Thierry Despont, and Alexandra Champaulimaud.
- Rooms and suites are generously preportioned and range in design from neo-classical to art nouveau, art deco, and more contemporary. There is a treasure trove of antiques and period pieces throughout each, making every room unique.
- The public spaces and dining areas are intimate and exclusive, with plush interiors and individual designs such as the artfully illustrated Bemelmans Bar.
- Here guests will find meticulously maintained marble, thick carpeting, silks, custom lighting, and beautifully creative wallpapers.
Each room and suite at The Carlyle Hotel New York is special and unique. They are large spaces more reminiscent of a luxurious residential tower than a city hotel. There are some ultimate accommodation for families, such as,
- The Empire Suite offers a duplex residence of two bedrooms, a large lounge with sofa bed, study area, fully stocked kitchen and dining areas, and its own gallery space curated by the MET. There are four bathrooms and a powder room, and floor to ceiling windows with views across the New York skyline.
- Premier Suites feature residential-style living, with an entrance foyer, living area with lounge spaces and entertainment area, a master bedroom with additional seating, and a marble master bathroom that includes a large spa bath and a walk-in shower.
- Superior Two-Bedroom Suites present two large bedrooms and two full marble bathrooms, a generous living space with lounge and dining areas, a kitchenette, bar area, and views across New York City.
Dining at The Carlyle Hotel New York is an exciting experience, with 4 distinct venues to suit the tastes of all the family.
- There is the Carlyle Restaurant (classic American and European cuisine)
- Cafe Carlyle (supper club)
- The Gallery (afternoon tea and casual dining)
- Bemelmans Bar (upscale piano bar with creative decoration).
- Young guests have the choice of the children's menu in select venues and a lovely exclusive high tea, Madeline's Tea.
The Carlyle Hotel New York is also a haven of relaxation and a hive of activity with the Sisley-Paris Spa, an on-site salon and the Carlyle gym.
- The Sisley-Paris Spa, one of the best spas in New York, provides treatments in a tranquil and immersive sensorial environment.
- The Yves Durif Salon specialises in New York makeovers, and the 24hr Carlyle gym provides trainers for effective workout experiences.
Young guests are very well looked after under the Rosewood signature Rose Buds program.
- Here children enjoy luxuries in-room including velour robes and slippers, a collection of baby amenities that is one of the best in the world that we have found, delightful children's toiletries and the addition of babysitting by a team of professional nannies.
The Carlyle is the destination for families who enjoy the best of New York City in one luxurious property. This is an icon in every way and lives up to its reputation in a refined respectful and elegant style.
- The Carlyle excels at presenting age-appropriate welcome gifts for children of all ages.
- This property even provides individual initialled pillows for your stay.
- There are packages available in collaboration with celebrated authors at select times of the year.
- The newly announced Rosewood Family Time promotion offers an edible art class with a healthy eating focus for parents and young guests.