Bab Al Shams Desert Resort and Spa
Bab Al Shams Desert Resort and Spa is a superb Arabian fort just 50 minutes from the centre of Dubai. This relaxing oasis surrounded by tropical gardens, pools, and desert activities, is a scenic getaway for families.
Opened 2004, Bab Al Shams Desert Resort and Spa is designed to resemble a traditional Arabian village, with courtyards, passageways, narrow streets, and an authentic secluded ambience
- This property was designed by international firm GAJ who created a resort that is true to the culture and heritage of the UAE.
- Bab Al Shams or 'gateway to the sun' features traditional materials of mudstone with timber details, with thick walls coloured by the surrounding dunes.
- Interiors present traditional artworks, silk fabrics, plush seating and cushions, with dark stained wooden and wrought iron furniture.
Bab Al Shams offers a limited selection of well-appointed and private accommodations, with the most ideal being the Deluxe Suite for families
- Accommodating two adults and two children, the Deluxe Suite includes a large living room, private bar, furnished terrace, a spacious bathroom with separate shower and freestanding bathtub, master bedroom with lounge area, and can be connected to adjoining rooms as an extended suite.
Families are well catered for here with dining events that include children's activities, entertained buffets, relaxing lounges, and destination dining.
- Al Hadheerah is the resort's main restaurant where guests dine under the stars, enjoying an extensive Middle Eastern buffet, live cooking stations, and a host of traditional entertainment.
- Al Forsan offers Middle Eastern and International buffet selections with indoor and outdoor seating.
- Masala includes delicious Indian cuisine and live entertainment with indoor and alfresco dining.
- Le Dune is the resident trattoria serving Italian favourites and freshly made pizza.
- Bab Al Shams also offers a rooftop lounge (Al Sarab), a lobby lounge and bar (Ya Hala), and a poolside bar for snacks, light meals, and refreshing drinks.
Wellness & Activites
Bab Al Shams Desert Resort and Spa shines in its selection of wellness and activities for the whole family such as
- The Satoria Spa with a selection of therapies and treatments, private and couples spa suites, desert located treatments, indoor and outdoor relaxation areas, sauna, steam room, and shower areas.
- Resort pools overlook the desert, with Jacuzzi spots, furnished sundecks, and the Pool Bar
- The resident 24-hour gym studio has free weights, weight-training, cardio-training, and includes optional personal training sessions.
- Guests can immerse themselves in nature with desert drives in custom Landrover Defendor's, guided nature and birdwatching tours, falconry, archery, bike riding, horse riding, and camel riding.
Bab Al Shams Desert Resort and Spa includes many immersive activities for children such as
- A dedicated children's pool with shallow water, sundecks, and water fun installations.
- Adjacent to the kid's pool is the Bab Al Shams Aladdin's Kids Club featuring art & craft activities, games, and entertainment programs.
- This resort is adept at catering to special occasion requests including luxurious baths and romantic bedding decorations.
- Bab Al Shams offers two excellent family brunches. The Friday Garden brunch is set in Al Forsan and includes a kids corner with desserts, a petting zoo, camel and pony rides, magicians, and jugglers. The Saturday Al Forsan Nature Brunch includes luxury picnics amongst entertainment, kids activities, games, and rides.
- This property puts on an incredible Christmas celebration that is famous throughout the region.