ANA Intercontinental Ishigaki
The ANA Intercontinental Ishigaki Hotel is a resort escape for families in Japan's southern islands. This is a haven for nature, alfresco living, and fun family activities.
Opened 2009, the ANA Intercontinental Ishigaki is a resort of modern design, moments from Maesato beach, and surrounded by greenery and a gold course.
- This resort has been updated since its opening, with a recent renovation of club level accommodations that was completed in late 2019.
- The structure is designed to provide views from each room either towards the ocean or over the landscaped surroundings.
- The GA Group were commissioned for the resort's interior design. The interiors both reflect and highlight the surrounding natural wonders of Ishigaki Island. Designs are both luxurious and comfortable, using natural stone and local timber.
- Ishigaki artistry is woven into the look of this resort in the design details of lighting, carpet graphics, and art. Many of the pieces reflect the sea or the local work that ties the community to the ocean.
- Guest rooms are filled with natural materials and colours that reflect the surrounding water and land.
The ANA Intercontinental Ishigaki offers a wide selection of rooms and suites that accommodate family guests of every size. The best include,
- Club Intercontinental Suites (132 sqm), offering 2 bedrooms, top floor ocean views, a large furnished balcony with Jacuzzi, a work desk, marble bathroom. and lounge areas. This suite comes with access to the Intercontinental Lounge for complimentary beverage and food services throughout the day.
- Club Intercontinental Premium Garden Rooms (43 sqm) include a master bedroom with connected marble bathroom, a lounge area, a furnished patio, and a private garden. These rooms also come with Club Continental benefits.
- The ultimate accommodation is the Club Intercontinental Ocean Royal Suite (120 sqm). This top floor suite has breathtaking views of the ocean, separate living and dining areas, a spa-like bathroom, and a furnished balcony with a Jacuzzi. There is also a study, a walk-in wardrobe, and a second bathroom. This suite also comes with Club Intercontinental privileges.
This resort makes use of the excellent seasonal produce of the surrounding islands throughout the various restaurants and bars featuring a selection of international cuisines, such as,
- Saltida offering a large breakfast, lunch, and dinner bistro with live cooking inspired by seasonal produce.
- Palette Terrace Lounge serves cafe and deli favourites, specialty coffee, refreshing beverages, and gelato.
- Suncoast Cafe is the all-day dining destination with a seasonal international buffet selection.
- Yaeyama Japanese Restaurant includes kaiseki services using premium Okinawan ingredients.
- Omoto Teppanyaki Restaurant offers preparations of beef, seafood, and vegetables, together with an extensive wine list.
- China Shadow Chinese Restaurant showcases a variety of Chinese cuisines in a traditional setting.
- Fireside Terrace flame grills famous Ishigaki beef cuts in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Ishigaki Sushi Counter offers a fresh selection of locally caught Okinawan fish.
- Tropics Lounge & Bar is the place for cocktails, small plates, and an afternoon tea service.
- Pool Bar and Beach Restaurant is a seasonal destination for light meals and tropical drinks.
Wellness & Activities
With an abundance of nature, the ANA Intercontinental Ishigaki has a range of outdoor activities and indoor relaxation, including,
- Spa Agarosa offers an extensive menu of therapies and treatments using local natural ingredients such as Getto oil, euglena microalgae, lemon based shikwaasaa oil, and Ishigaki sea salt.
- There is a Japanese bath facility as well as both a steam and dry sauna for guests.
- The stone-walled seawater indoor pool and jacuzzi are the perfect places for water relaxation.
- The Intercontinental Yoga program includes both Sunrise Yoga and Starry Sky Yoga.
- There is a 24-hour fitness centre, which includes cardio and weight machines as well as free weights and dedicated mobility and stretching sections.
- Resort activities include water based fun on Measato Beach (motorized and non-motorized), snorkelling, Scuba diving, golf, mini-golf, and tennis.
- Local area nature tours are available as well as island hopping and ocean cruising.
- Other water activities include sunrise and sunset pools, and a Club Intercontinental Pool opened 2020.
Children will delight in the natural wonders and large range of activities at the ANA Intercontinental Ishigaki, such as,
- Local excursions both in the surrounding nature and beachside. Families will enjoy the Family Night Tour, a Stargazing Tour, family Yoga, and a selection of cultural and art & craft activities
- This resort includes children's menus and has an excellent Planet Trekkers program for young guests.
- Onsite amenities feature an ocean park, beach sports, water sports, tennis, and a resort activity room. Children will have great fun in the many outdoor pools featuring water fun activities and slides.
- Children's menus are offered at every restaurant on site.
- The newly opened (mid-2020) Club Intercontinental is an excellent choice and comes with recently renovated accommodations, all-day service at the Club, and a dedicated pool.
- Some training clothing can be provided including shoes for guests.